Human Resources Department
The Department of Human Resources, headed by a Director, is one of the service Departments in the Ministry and is divided into two divisions namely: Appointment, Promotion and Discipline (APD) and Staff Welfare and Training (SWT). The Department also carries out oversight functions of appointment, promotion and discipline in all the agencies under the Ministry. The Department is responsible for planning, development, supervision, evaluation and welfare activities of the five hundred and fifty six (556) staff on the Ministry’s nominal roll and five hundred ninety (590) on the staff list.
Activities/Functions of the Human Resources Management Department
- The Department is responsible for planning, development, supervision, and evaluation and welfare activities of all the staff in the Ministry. Some activities of the Department are as follows:
- The section Appointment Section has in the past four years documented newly recruited staff posted to the Ministry.
- In the past four years, the Promotion Section has carried out its functions regarding Conversion, Upgrading, Confirmation, COMPRO, and senior and junior staff promotion.
- The Integrated Payroll and Personnel Information System (IPPIS) section processed about Two Hundred and Twenty newly recruited staff for enrolment/ Bio-metric capturing into IPPIS Platform
- The Staff Welfare and Training Section responsible for the training of staff and other welfare package such as pension, NHIS, 1st 28days allowance and festivities welfare has duely done so based on the fund available at his disposal
- The establishment of Resident Labour Desk Unit in Ministries, Departments and Agencies by the Head of Civil Service of the Federation in April.
Dr. Famous Eseduwo
Dr. Famous Eseduwo is the Director, Human Resources Department of the Ministry of Petroleum Resources. He was born on 15th January, 1967. He holds an M.Sc and Doctorate Degrees in Political Science (specializing in Science Technology and Policy) from the University of Nigeria, Nsukka. He also holds an MPA (Personnel Management) from Delta State University, Abraka.
Dr. Eseduwo had stints in the Bayelsa State Public Service and the Federal University, Otuoke where he taught Political Science. In the Federal Civil Service, he has worked in various capacities across MDAs. Between 2014 and 2016, he was Director, Recruitment and Appointment, Federal Civil Service Commission. He was also Director, Planning Analytics and Monitoring in the Office of the Head of Civil Service of the Federation from 2016-2017. He thereafter served as Director, Planning, Research and Statistics (PRS) at the Federal Ministry of Works and Housing between 2017 and 2020.
He has attended various Workshops and Conferences at international and local levels.
He has bagged several merit awards including: Grade ‘A’ Ph.D Thesis, Best Masters’ Degree Thesis, Outstanding Pan-Africa Scholar the Year, Best Author of the year among others.
His hobbies are reading, swimming and watching good movies