Human Resources Department
The Department of Human Resources, headed by a Director, is one of the service Departments in the Ministry and is divided into two divisions namely: Appointment, Promotion and Discipline (APD) and Staff Welfare and Training (SWT). The Department also carries out oversight functions of appointment, promotion and discipline in all the agencies under the Ministry. The Department is responsible for planning, development, supervision, evaluation and welfare activities of the five hundred and fifty six (556) staff on the Ministry’s nominal roll and five hundred ninety (590) on the staff list.
Activities/Functions of the Human Resources Management Department
- The Department is responsible for planning, development, supervision, and evaluation and welfare activities of all the staff in the Ministry. Some activities of the Department are as follows:
- The section Appointment Section has in the past four years documented newly recruited staff posted to the Ministry.
- In the past four years, the Promotion Section has carried out its functions regarding Conversion, Upgrading, Confirmation, COMPRO, and senior and junior staff promotion.
- The Integrated Payroll and Personnel Information System (IPPIS) section processed about Two Hundred and Twenty newly recruited staff for enrolment/ Bio-metric capturing into IPPIS Platform
- The Staff Welfare and Training Section responsible for the training of staff and other welfare package such as pension, NHIS, 1st 28days allowance and festivities welfare has duely done so based on the fund available at his disposal
- The establishment of Resident Labour Desk Unit in Ministries, Departments and Agencies by the Head of Civil Service of the Federation in April.
Mrs. Asma’u Shehu Adaji
Mrs. Asma’u Shehu Adaji, was born on 13th April, 1969. She hails from Kaiama Local Government Area of Kwara State. She holds a B.Sc (Hons), Economics degree from the Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria in 1991. Thereafter, she observed her mandatory one National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) scheme with UBA Plc, in Kaduna State, between 1991 and 1992.
She joined the Federal Civil Service in September, 1992 immediately after her National service as Finance Officer II, in the Federal Ministry of Finance, Multilateral Institutions and Home Finance Departments, respectively where she rose to the level of Assistant Director.
In September, 2015 she was deployed to the Federal Ministry of Transportation, Maritime Safety and Security Department where she served briefly as an Assistant Director, Shipping Development. Upon becoming a Deputy Director, she was placed in charge of Marine Pollution, a position she held before becoming a Director and subsequently superintended the Maritime Safety and Security Department.
She also had a stint in the Office of the Accountant General of the Federation (OAGF) where she was Director, Reform Coordination and Service Improvement.
She was posted to the Ministry of Petroleum Resources as Director, Human Resources Management in August 2022.
She has attended various Seminars, Workshops and Conferences on Management, Leadership skills, Projects Management, Maritime Courses, World Bank Operations amongst others. She has represented Nigeria in meetings both locally and internationally. She has also served in various Ministerial Committees.
Her hobbies are watching movies, playing games, writing and listening to music.