The Department is headed by a Director, assisted by three Deputy Directors (Budget, Recurrent, Capital) aho are also assited by their respective Assistant Directors. The Department is responsible for the financial transaction of the Ministry
Activities/Functions of the Finance and Accounts Department
- Keeping records of all financial transactions of the Ministry.
- Collection of Revenues on behalf of the Ministry for appropriate remittance to the designated account(s) of the Federal Government of Nigeria (FGN)
- Making payment on behalf of the Ministry on approval of the designated approving authority. Preparing and rendering monthly financial report of the Ministry to the Office of the Accountant-General of the Federation (OAGF).
- Advising the management on financial matters.
- Liaising with the Office of the Accountant-General of the Federation on behalf of the Ministry on all financial matters.
- Representing the ministry in the monthly Federal Allocation Account committee (FAAC) meeting.
Mohammed Sanusi Danjuma, FCNA was born on 12th January, 1968. He is a native of Kazaure, Jigawa State.
He attended Bandawa Primary school for his First School Leaving Certificate in 1981. Afterwards, he proceeded to Government Secondary, Dambatta, Kano State where he obtained his West African School Certificate in 1986.
He further proceeded to the College of Arts and Sciences, Kano for IJMB Certificate which ensured his admission to Bayero University, Kano in 1988, where he bagged his Bachelor of Science (B.Sc.) degree in Economics, with Second Class Upper Division.
Mr. Danjuma was also at the University of Abuja between 1995 and 1997 for his M.Sc degree in Political Economy and Developmental Studies.
He is a Fellow of the Association of National Accountants of Nigeria (ANAN).
Prior to his redeployment to the Ministry of Petroleum Resources as Director, Finance and Accounts, Mr. Danjuma has served in various capacities in a number of MDAs. These include; Office of the Secretary to the Government of the Federation, Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Directorate of Technical Aid Corp, National Hajj Commission, Embassy of Nigeria, Addis Ababa, Ethiopia, State House-Abuja, and the Federal Ministry of Power.
He has been active in both Professional and Civil Service activities, attending various courses, workshops and seminars at home and abroad.
Mr. Danjuma enjoys reading and learning new things.
He is married with children.