The Department is headed by a Director, assisted by three Deputy Directors (Budget, Recurrent, Capital) aho are also assited by their respective Assistant Directors. The Department is responsible for the financial transaction of the Ministry
Activities/Functions of the Finance and Accounts Department
- Keeping records of all financial transactions of the Ministry.
- Collection of Revenues on behalf of the Ministry for appropriate remittance to the designated account(s) of the Federal Government of Nigeria (FGN)
- Making payment on behalf of the Ministry on approval of the designated approving authority. Preparing and rendering monthly financial report of the Ministry to the Office of the Accountant-General of the Federation (OAGF).
- Advising the management on financial matters.
- Liaising with the Office of the Accountant-General of the Federation on behalf of the Ministry on all financial matters.
- Representing the ministry in the monthly Federal Allocation Account committee (FAAC) meeting.