The Press Department, headed by a Director; works directly with the Office of the Honourable Minister and the Permanent Secretary and the department serves as the information gateway between the Ministry and its publics.
Activities/Functions of the Press Department
- Media Liaison
- Issuing and distribution of Press Releases, Rejoinders, Feature Articles, Press Photographs and News Video Clippings,
- Production of an in-house quarterly News Journal
- Project Inspection Tour for Media Practitioners
- Ministerial Press Briefing
- Procurement of Newspapers and Magazines for News review
- Production of Seasonal cards, Calendars, Diaries and other gift items, including desk pads, Note Books etc.
- Binding of all Newspapers and Magazines
- Coverage of council, OPEC, APPA meetings and other workshops.
- Production of documentary Films on activities of the Ministry for Television broadcast.
- Procurement and placement of Photo Gallery of Major events in major Newspapers.
- Procurement and Installation of Coats of arms, Flags and signposts in major offices, buildings and locations in the Ministry.
- Mobilisation/Networking with key media groups, Energy Correspondents, Editors, News Editors, Political Editors, Abuja Bureau Chiefs, National Assembly correspondents and State House Press Corps, Editors/Publishers etc.
The Press Department also sends the Press releases, features and other publicity reports to the Federal Ministry of Information and Culture’s Portal for onward placement in the Nation’s Portal.