The Department of Human Resources, headed by a Director, is one of the service Departments in the Ministry and is divided into two divisions namely: Appointment, Promotion and Discipline (APD) and Staff Welfare and Training (SWT). The Department also carries out oversight functions of appointment, promotion and discipline in all the agencies under the Ministry. The Department is responsible for planning, development, supervision, evaluation and welfare activities of the five hundred and fifty six (556) staff on the Ministry’s nominal roll and five hundred ninety (590) on the staff list.
Activities/Functions of the Human Resources Management Department
- The Department is responsible for planning, development, supervision, and evaluation and welfare activities of all the staff in the Ministry. Some activities of the Department are as follows:
- The section Appointment Section has in the past four years documented newly recruited staff posted to the Ministry.
- In the past four years, the Promotion Section has carried out its functions regarding Conversion, Upgrading, Confirmation, COMPRO, and senior and junior staff promotion.
- The Integrated Payroll and Personnel Information System (IPPIS) section processed about Two Hundred and Twenty newly recruited staff for enrolment/ Bio-metric capturing into IPPIS Platform
- The Staff Welfare and Training Section responsible for the training of staff and other welfare package such as pension, NHIS, 1st 28days allowance and festivities welfare has duely done so based on the fund available at his disposal
- The establishment of Resident Labour Desk Unit in Ministries, Departments and Agencies by the Head of Civil Service of the Federation in April.